Strange things about airplanes
Here are some strange things about airplanes:
- Airplanes can get struck by lightning. In fact, airplanes are struck by lightning on average once a year. However, the airplanes are designed to withstand lightning strikes, and passengers are safe.
- There is no safest seat on the plane. All seats on an airplane are relatively safe. However, some studies have shown that the seats in the rear of the plane are slightly safer than the seats in the front of the plane. This is because the rear of the plane is further away from the point of impact in a crash.
- Some airplanes have secret bedrooms for flight crew. On long-haul flights, pilots and other flight crew members need to be able to rest. Some airplanes have secret bedrooms for the flight crew, where they can sleep and relax during the flight.
- Airplane tires are designed not to pop on landing. Airplane tires are much larger and stronger than car tires. They are also filled with nitrogen, which is less likely to expand and contract in hot and cold temperatures. This makes airplane tires less likely to pop on landing.
- There’s a reason why cabin crews dim the lights when a plane is landing. When the lights are dimmed, passengers’ pupils dilate, which allows them to see better in the dark. This is helpful in case there is an emergency evacuation after landing.
Here are some additional strange things about airplanes:
- Airplane food is designed to taste bland. This is because taste buds are less sensitive at high altitudes.
- Airplane toilets are vacuumed, not flushed. This is because there is no water pressure at high altitudes.
- The air inside an airplane is recycled. This is to save fuel.
- Airplane pilots are trained to handle emergencies on land and sea. This is just in case.
- There are more airplanes in the world than there are people. This is because many airplanes are used for cargo and military purposes.
- Airplanes can fly with only one engine. In fact, many commercial airplanes are designed to fly safely with only one engine working. This is because airplanes have multiple engines, and each engine is powerful enough to keep the airplane flying on its own.
- Airplanes can also land with no operating engines. This is known as a “gliding landing.” If all of the engines on an airplane were to fail, the pilots could still land the airplane by gliding it to the ground.
- Airplanes can get struck by lightning. Lightning strikes airplanes on average once a year, but it is rarely dangerous. This is because airplanes are designed to withstand lightning strikes.
- There is no safest seat on the plane. All seats on an airplane are relatively safe, but some seats are statistically safer than others. For example, the seats in the rear of the airplane are generally safer than the seats in the front of the airplane.
- Some airplanes have secret bedrooms for flight crew. On long flights, flight crew members need to be able to rest. Some airplanes have secret bedrooms for flight crew members to sleep in during their breaks.
- The tires on an airplane are designed not to pop on landing. Airplane tires are very strong and can withstand a lot of pressure. They are also designed to deflate slowly if they do rupture, which helps to prevent the airplane from skidding off the runway.
- There is a reason why cabin crews dim the lights when a plane is landing. Dimming the lights helps to preserve your night vision in case you need to evacuate the airplane.
- Your taste buds change when you fly. The dry air in an airplane cabin can cause your taste buds to become less sensitive. This is why food often tastes bland on airplanes.
- You can get jet lag from flying through different time zones. Jet lag is a temporary sleep disorder that can cause symptoms such as fatigue, insomnia, and difficulty concentrating. It is caused by the disruption of your circadian rhythm, which is your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
I hope you find these facts strange and interesting!
More things for you to discover:
Full Screen Since the beginning of aviation, thousands of planes have crashed, but sometimes when an air disaster strikes, pilots can react on time and prevent the final catastrophe. The following is a selection of plane disasters that had safe landing. US Airways A320 landing on the Hudson River. The most famous and successful emergency […]» Find out More
Full Screen Attack helicopters emerged during the Cold War years when they proved to be the key component to victory in battlefield. Today’s attack helicopter has two main roles, to provide direct, close air support for ground troops and to destroy enemy armor concentrations (anti-tank role). What are the best attack helicopters? These are currently the […]» Find out More
Full Screen Following a series of tragic incidents there is understandably a lot of fear that surrounds air travel, but nevertheless- flying is safe. Compared to other forms of transportation,j traveling by car is 100 times more deadly than flying in an airplane. Here are some of the facts about plane safety, you should know about, […]» Find out More
Full Screen Although we often think airplane crashes are horrible and unsurvivable events, the survival rate of plane crashes from 1983-2000 was 95.7%. You can dramatically increase your chances of surviving even severe plane crash by knowing simple facts and making little changes. Be prepared, but not scared. Things you need to be aware of […]» Find out More
Full Screen The Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird is the most advanced airplane ever built. It had an important role in a history as a spy plane. SR-17 “Blackbird” is a long range, strategic reconnaissance aircraft. This sleek and stealthy Air Force plane is still the fastest plane that has ever flown and was never hit by […]» Find out More
Full Screen What happens when an aircraft is no longer needed? Have you ever wondered where do planes go to rust? Aircraft graveyards often called boneyards are home to retired aircraft waiting to be recycled or reused. Dry climate The best aircraft locations for graveyards are places with dry climates because dry air reduces corrosion […]» Find out More
Full Screen 1. Inside Loop/Outside Loop The Inside loop is the easiest of all stunt moves, it’s a vertical circle in the sky. Any RC Airplane with elevator is capable of looping. The Outside loop is also called a bunt. It’s an inside loop with the airplane inverted, so that the top of the plane faces outwards. […]» Find out More
Full Screen Can you imagine life without air travel? Today, aviation allows people to experience new adventures, visit new countries, relax on far away beaches, build business relationships as well as to connect with family and friends abroad. The beauty of aviation is bringing people and countries together. How much do you really know about […]» Find out More
Full Screen Humans have always sought to take over the air to gain an advantage in war. Initially, the military uses of flight were mainly focused on gaining a bird’s eye view of the battle field. Early attempts saw the use of manned kites in China and Japan to spy for military intelligence and communication. […]» Find out More
Full Screen Did you know that 85% of plane crashes are caused by pilot error? Statistically speaking, flying is still the safest way to travel. No matter how the advanced technology is, there is always one element that is impossible to control: the human element, because human are prone to making mistakes, although the major […]» Find out More
Full Screen Paul Allen – MIG 29 Fighter Jet Paul Allen, co-founder of the Microsoft has bought his own MIG 29 Fighter Jet worth 13.5$ billion. The MIG 29 has a max speed of 1,518 mph and a range of 1,500km. The Sultan of Brunei – Boeing 747-430 The sultan has a brand new, Boeing […]» Find out More
Full Screen It’s hard to say, what the best fighter plane of World War 2 was, but we certainly can say that a few stood out during that historical period. To make it easier, we need to refine it further, depending on different characteristics, such as: longer effective range, best high attitude fighter, damage resistant […]» Find out More
Full Screen “Every flight that has disappeared had its own story”, said the editor of the The Aviationist , David Cenciotti. Airplanes have been disappearing for decades, whether in remote areas of the ocean or mountain regions. Many planes have gone missing, especially at the so called Bermuda Triangle. A series of disappearances in the […]» Find out More
Full Screen These are the most shocking airplane crashes caught on camera. Despite the fact it looks bad, people actually survived some of these plane crashes. Video shows these plane crashes: Air France Flight 296/Airbus A320-111 – 06/26/1988 – Fatality: 3/136 US Air Force Czar 52/B-52 Stratofortress – 06/24/1994 – Fatality: 4/4 Hawkins & Powers […]» Find out More
Full Screen For so many years, people have dreamt about flying. Many have tried, but wasn’t until the Wright brothers, that Man was able to take a flight. If you are plane enthusiast, you’ve certainly asked yourself, how you can become the next great, airline pilot. Word of warning Do not enter this profession unless […]» Find out More
Full Screen Have you ever wondered how planes looked like in the beginning? Well, let us tell you, they were pretty weird. Many of them were built to prove a point or to advance the science of aerodynamics. Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the journey of history’s strangest aircraft that ever flew the sky. These […]» Find out More
Best Rated Games
Full Screen Use your ship to destroy all those pesky asteroids floating around in outer space. Collect laser power and detonate your plasma bombs for added destruction.» Find out More
Full Screen Test your knowledge about aircrafts.» Find out More
Full Screen Battle for conquering the sky. Skilled pilots are Winged Penguins. Become the best penguin pilot in this great two player game.» Find out More
Full Screen Iron Maiden Flight 666 is a flying fun game with Iron Maiden music playing in the background. You need to provide local people on 5 continents with the speakers so they can become Rockers. The game has 10 levels and is one of best games ever made (editors opinion). Movements = Use Arrow […]» Find out More
Full Screen Clear Skies Elite WWII is a fighter war airplane game. Complete different missions and defend your planes.» Find out More
Full Screen In Resistance is useless game you must shoot all alien ships as you fly through their armada. Fight for survival, destroy all enemies and collect gear. Try this easy-going horizontal shooting game.» Find out More
Full Screen Heli Attack 3 lets you play the role of a commando who is bothered by shooting helicopters. Those helicopters constantly shoot missiles and try to hurt you but you’re not powerless. Quite contrary, you’re equipped with powerful weapons. So go on and shoot everything that moves. First level is tutorial-like so you’ll learn […]» Find out More
Full Screen Flying steel is airplane game full of speed and action. Fly the chunk of steel and destroy everything that move. Fly your plane by moving the mouse around.» Find out More
Full Screen Astro is an endless runner where you travel through the Milky Way Galaxy, seeking to get the highest score possible while evading all obstacles in your way. As you advance through different planets and achieve higher scores, you will encounter more hurdles to avoid while maintaining your fuel for your jetpack. This game […]» Find out More
Full Screen Drop men into the cart below your helicopter while avoiding various obstacles. Parachute Retrospect is a skill game in which you must land soldiers safely from a helicopter.» Find out More
Full Screen Game details Join the airborne forces of Star Fighter world! Fly into intense dogfight war where the most experience jet pilots are competing to survive. Your only action is to survive as long as possible by eliminating enemy planes and earnings tons of points. Countless waves of hundreds of enemy planes will burst […]» Find out More
Full Screen Race your space ship and have fun.» Find out More
Full Screen Help your paper plane in this simple but fun game. Avoid thunderstorms, enemies and other obstacles on your way. Be careful along the way of this flying adventure.» Find out More
Full Screen Airfield defender is a strategy game in which you have to predict the enemy steps. Defend the city from the evil.» Find out More
Full Screen 1. Saint Maarten in the Caribbean – Princess Juliana International Airport This is one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean. Due to the short runway length (7,150 feet), planes on their final approach need to fly over the beach at minimal altitude, and over a part of the fence and the road. Because […]» Find out More
Full Screen Sky Machine is a game about The Wright Brothers and the first airplane. In this game they’re doing some trials with their new machine. The goal of the game is to get the highest combined score from three flying attempts.» Find out More
Full Screen Here are some strange things about airplanes: Airplanes can get struck by lightning. In fact, airplanes are struck by lightning on average once a year. However, the airplanes are designed to withstand lightning strikes, and passengers are safe. There is no safest seat on the plane. All seats on an airplane are relatively […]» Find out More
Full Screen Play Zombie Alien Parasites, a free side – scrolling shooter zombie on plane, game. Customize your experience, use different ships, gadgets and weapons.» Find out More
Full Screen This is the extended version of a famous game “Skies of War”. You’ll start with Focke Wolf and enjoy more airplanes in this sequel of a post iron war game. GAME CONTROLS: Mouse – Move / Shoot. R – Make a full roll. CTRL – Helicopter hover-mode. C – Chnage Weapon.» Find out More